Monday 6 January 2014

Hello Bear!

Hi everyone and may I wish you all a Happy New Year!  I hope this year will bring you all good health and happiness.

As for New Year resolutions, well I don't usually make any but I would like to get a bit fitter and trimmer (this middle aged spread malarky is no laughing matter!) and I would like to do more regular crafting and sewing and get back to entering more challenges.

Anyways, I'm here today with a card for the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers.  We've actually undergone a bit of a revamp and we are now "Crafty Cardmakers and More".  We will still have our usual fortnightly challenge but we're also starting a new bi-monthly mixed media challenge.

Our theme for this fortnight is "BEAR WITH ME",  hosted by Feebsy.  She would like to see a teddy bear, or more realistic image of a bear as the MAIN focal point of your project.

I don't have any bear stamps so I went for a punch art bear ....

I punched out the oval and round shapes from kraft card and inked lightly with Vintage Photo DI.  The bear's blanket is Stampin Up's top note die and the baby letters are from Papermania.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is:



Thank you so much for popping in, I know I've been very lax in the blogging department of late, I think part of the problem is the complete and utter disaster area that is my craft room. I am going to have to have a MAJOR clear out as I can barely find a path to my desk, never mind find a bit of clear space to be creative in.  Hopefully I will get this done sometime in the next week and then I will be raring to go! Lol.

Take care and hope to see you all soon!

Suze xx


11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, your teddy is great! I will be happy to see you blogging more often, so get that craft room cleared up and get going! Hugs, Valerie

Kim x said...

Hi Suze, clever teddy bear my friend. It is amazing what a tidy up in the craft room can accomplish so you go girl.
hugs Kimx

Josephine said...

Love this - so inventive to use all those shapes to make the bear! It works really well!

Papercraft By Carole said...

Aren't you a clever one. What a great card! Cxx

Anonymous said...

This is soooooo cute!
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

Love your adorable bear, its a super card.
Yvonne x

Feebsy said...

What can I say Suze? I think your card is absolutely brilliant. I was amazed when I read that you'd created the bear from scratch using punches, I would never have been able to do that. I love the papers and the blanket too, just wonderful.

Feebsy
xx

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you too mRs Middle Age Spread know the feeling ! What a fabulous card and how clever of you to make a bear with punches, who knew !!!! He really is a cutie. Looking forward to working with you again on CCM this year.

Marie

Darnell said...

An absolutely stinkin' cute baby card, Suze! Good luck with your major clean-up! It really does get your juices flowing! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

Von said...

A cute and cuddly bear Suze :)
Von ♥

Aileen said...

Hi Suze,

Your punch art bear is so cute. Love the bow tie.

Need any help with you craft room???

Ails x