Monday 3 February 2014

Slider Money Wallet


Hi all, thanks for popping in today, I hope you are all well!

The new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More is "This is a Man's World", hosted this time by Carol.  She's asking you to create anything suitable for a man or boy.

Well, I'm not good at masculine cards so I thought I'd do a children's money wallet, with a spinning football on it.  However, you know how an idea pops into your head, which you think will be a quick and easy make but sods law, it ends up taking you a whole afternoon to construct.  Well this was one of those occasions.

This was my first go at a slider/spinner card, and although the mechanics are actually quite simple, on my first attempt I made the grass too tall and the ball was sticking on it and then the sentiment I'd chosen was too big and was obstructing the slider hole.

So, after much faffing, here is make number 2 - short grass and little sentiment ....



Supplies Used
DP from stash (I just free-hand cut the grass)
Football stamp is from Hobbycraft, clear embossed
Letters are Studio G, clear embossed

Our sponsors for this challenge are:


Thankfully, now that we're into February, the days are starting to get a little longer and I can feel myself slowly coming out of hibernation! Lol!

Many thanks for coming to visit.
Take care

Suze xx

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, looks complicated, well done on getting it right! The days here are getting longer too, it makes me hopeful! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Suze
I applaud you. A spinner card I have never tackled (just realised there is a pun - football .... tackle!) because it always looked so complicated.
This is incredibly neat and tidy especially the slot.
Wishes
Lynne

Jenni's Jems said...

Lol you are so right we are connected imagine both of us coming up with a similar idea! but must say yours is well worth the effort and all that faffing about ...its just perfect!! x

Papercraft By Carole said...

The faffing was definitely worth it. Have never attempted one myself so I applaud you and thank you for the great inspiration for my challenge :) Cxx

Aileen said...

Super gift wallet for a boy. They'll love it being inter active. Your perseverance was worth it! x

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome card...

Darnell said...

How lovely to see you peeking out from your hibernation spot, Suze!! Your money wallet card is aces!! I wish I had a penny for every time I needed at least two tries at a new technique! The second try is fantastic!!

We say "Murphy's Law" in the States and I'm thinking it means the same thing as "sod's law." There is always such a wonderful sense of satisfaction when one perseveres and gets around those boogers!!

Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

You are so clever looks fantastic but would like a little video so you can confirm it actually works !!! Not that i don't believe you ….just saying thats all.

Marie

Anne said...

What a superb card and well worth the hard work in getting it to work! Now you have got this one under your hat the next (!!!!) ones will be easier! Very professional looking card too - bravo mon amie! Hope you are warm and dry in all this weather......x

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow - I love this to bits Sue! I know lots of male people that would love it too! Glad to hear you're thinking of coming out of hibernation - although you may want to hang on for a bit with the current weather forecast! Vicky x