Monday 29 September 2014

Blue Bunting Birthday Card

Hi all,

Gee whiz,  it's been ages since I've posted. I am a very bad blogger! I haven't been totally idle though, I've started thinking about making stock for my Christmas Fairs.  All my Christmassy stash has been taken out of the cupboard and some of the non Christmassy stuff has been stuffed back in it's place! I daren't open those cupboard doors now for fear of an avalanche!

Anyway, I'm here with a card for the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More.  One of our new DT members, Pamellia, has chosen the theme THE TRIPLE B CHALLENGE.  She would like you to include 3 of the following on your creation:
Butterflies
Blue
Birthday
Banners
Buttons

I've chosen Blue, Birthday and Banners as it just so happened I was sewing some blue bunting last weekend, so I used some of the left over scraps on my card ...



I used: Blue fabric scraps, a Stampin Up sentiment, blue card stock, oval dies and an SU framelit.

When stitching onto card use an old needle and a longer stitch length, so that you don't get too many holes in your card and go slowly!

And here is the said bunting, though it's not finished because I didn't buy enough bias binding and when I went back to get more, they didn't have any more! So I had to go to another shop this morning where luckily they did have the colour I was after and also some Christmas fabric just happened to jump into my basket, so expect some Christmas bunting and stockings to follow! 


Also linking to Handmade Monday







Have a lovely week.

Take care

Suze xx



15 comments:

Lucy Blossom said...

A fabulous card, I really love the way the bunting looks on the card. Your big bunting looks fab too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, very smart, and beautifully created and sewed. Hugs, Valerie

Louisa said...

It' a lovely card.I have never sewn onto card before but it looks very effective. Fabric often falls into my basket too :-)

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the stitched bunting on yourcard ,and mightily intrigued to know what your beautiful handmade bunting is going to be used for in your fairs ???
Love
your nosey friend!!! :)x

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Sue, this is fantastic! I can't believe you used real stitching and made the banner from scratch, WOW!! I love the layered dies that showcase your sentiment!! What a wonderful Triple B make! big hugs :)

Leslie said...

Love, love, love the fabric banners and the layered sentiment! Absolutely beautiful creation all the way around! Very clean and crisp!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

Viv said...

Love love love it!!!!! x

Josephine said...

Beautiful, as always, Suze. I'm always impressed how you do CAS and get everything so perfectly balanced.

Sally Dodger said...

Just a gorgeous card. I especially love the fabric banners on the card and the sentiment stamp is so elegant. Sally D.x.

Josie said...

Bunting is one of my favourite things and this string is gorgeous! Love it x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

great card and challenge
hugs bibiana

Kim x said...

Fabulous use of leftovers Suze.
Sorry I haven't been by lately.
Hugs Kimx

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving your CAS style here Suze and what amazing bunting! Thanks for your tips for sewing onto card stock too. Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Jumping Christmas fabric whatever next !!!!!! I love this fabulous bunting and your gorgeous colour palette such a nice change to see bunting actually made from material and not paper. Love it !

Marie

Aileen said...

Love your stitching on your card. Both mini and real bunting are brill.

Looking forward to seeing your finished christmas in a box card!

xx