I had intended to use a candle border stamp and just layer it up for a quick card but the stamp tore ...
Never mind, I still could have gone ahead as I'd planned but the idea came into my head that I could use the smaller torn piece to stamp a circular image. I managed to do this by drawing round a punched out circle to act as a guide:
But then of course I didn't have a big enough punch to cut it out so I had to make a quick online purchase for a set of circular nesties (I'd been eyeing them up for a while anyway!).
Then of course I had to fill in the centre, it took me ages (2 days on and off - trying all sorts of stamps, papers, inks) to get to this:
In the end, I'm quite happy with it as it's something different. The card isn't overly masculine and could easily be 'feminised' by a change in colour scheme and a flower in the middle.
Candle image - Stampendous Fifteen Candles, coloured with Promarkers
Versafine Vintage Sepia & Kaleidacolor Autumn leaves
Sentiment - Hero Arts
Star - Stampin Up, Darling Dots
Stampin Up green cardstock