Week 11 over at the "Less is More" Challenge and this week those cheeky LIMettes Mandi & Chrissie set us the challenge of using acetate in our cards. Well, it hasn't been easy, but you have to give it a go, don't you! So here's my creation:
I had originally die cut the mannequin in acetate and stamped onto it but it looked a bit 'wishy washy', so after a bit of trial and error, I diecut the mannequin in textured black card (sorry, texture doesn't show up in photo). I then die cut the flowers in acetate and coloured them with promarkers. The colours appeared quite pale so I added a white die cut behind the acetate. All layers of the flower were also dry embossed.
A bit more trial and error and I managed to print the sentiment in the correct place. I have used "Chrissie's" scriptina font.
Tim Holtz Dies - Sewing Room & Tattered Florals
Victorian Fleur embossing folder
Black textured card
Acetate from the packaging of my mother's day orchid
Glossy Accents to adhere the acetate
Promarkers and bling
Thanks for visiting and I'll try and get round you all this week.