Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Farm Fresh with Gingersnap

I am absolutely chuffed to bits to be able to tell you that this month I have been invited to be a Visiting Artist at Gingersnap Creations.

Their overall theme for November is "On The Farm", and for this week's Chestnut Theme Challenge it's "Farm Fresh".

I've gone for eggs - or rather eggshells to be more precise.  I've made a little scene of the 'farm cat' looking out over the fields and I've made a frame with painted eggshells.



Cat stamp - freebie with Craft Stamper mag - inked in Versafine Onyx & black embossed
Bird & Tree stamps are Andy Skinner 'Winters Tale'
Background - Frayed Burlap, Black Soot, Stormy Sky, Forest Moss & Crushed Olive Distress Inks
Eggshells painted/coated with Copper EP, Crackle Paint, DI's & Acrylic Paint

Why not pop on over to Gingersnap and have a go at some of their current challenges.

Happy crafting everyone and thanks for paying me a visit.

Suze xx

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,that frame is just brilliant,love it to bits,hugs cherylxxxx

craftattack said...

Great piece, and congratulations on being chosen as visiting artist! Hugs, Valerie

Aileen said...

Well done Suze. This is a super scene and I love your frame of egg shells. Brill thinking out of the "egg" box! x

florenceandfreddie said...

Hi Suze. Love this. The egg shells look fabulous. What a super idea.
Regards Florence x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous hanging, I love the frame and colouring. Yvonne x

Von said...

Brilliant Suzie and the egg shell frame inspired :)
Von x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic idea, wonderful egg shell frame.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Love the egg shell idea and look!

Anonymous said...

ps sorry I forgot to put my name! Louise Le Pierres

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fantastic way to create a picture frame Suze - love the scene you've created too. Brilliant!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Ali Manning said...

This is awesome - I love the eggshell idea! Thanks for joining us this month at Gingersnap Creations :)

Dolly Daydreams said...

Well Done You !!! What fabulous news I was over there visiting and saw this, how clever to use the shells.You have created a gorgeous scene for us a beautiful and peaceful work of art.

Marie

Dianne said...

This is great Suze! It's a lovely picture and I really love the painted eggshells! Dianne.

Yvonne said...

So creative, Suze! Love it :)

Sue said...

I love your hanging, and what a brilliant idea to use the eggshells for your frame - perfect x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

How did I miss this? Congrats Suze , lovely to be a visiting designer and such an innovative art work too! I've never seen egshells used so effectively, love it, Gay xxx