As some of you know I've been lacking a bit (understatement!) in the crafting department of late but I was at my sewing class this morning and one of the ladies was showing us how to make hanging padded Christmas decorations.
Well, I wasn't in the mood for doing anything Christmassy (I think the winter blues has had a lot to do with my lack of motivation and now that there's a glimmer of spring in the air, I don't want to do any winter projects!) so, I decided to make a heart decoration and incorporate it into a card for my mum (Mother's Day is this weekend in the UK).
Here are the basic instructions:
- You need two cardboard shapes and two pieces of wadding to match - I used a Sizzix heart die for mine but everyone else just handcut theirs.
- Lighty glue the wadding to the cardboard, then cover each shape (wadding side up) with a fabric of your choice.
- You then sandwich the two halves together with a strong PVA glue
- You then hide the joins by attaching ribbon or braid around the join (UHU glue works well for this)
- You can then sew or attach a hanging ribbon to the back.
|the braid/ribbon covering the join of the two halves|
You can also make several padded shapes and string them together with beads or ribbon to make a hanging.
The cameo I used was a cheap ring I bought ages ago from Primark and I just cut off the ring part and used a strong glue to attach to the front of the heart.
I attached the heart to the inside of the card with removable tape so that it can be used as a hanging.
Craft Room Challenge - From Me to You
Out of a Hat Creations - Hanging About
Thank you so much for popping in today and thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I really enjoyed making this little decoration and hopefully it's kick started my butt back into crafting mode!