Monday 14 April 2014

Little Gift Box

Hi All,

Oh lordy, what a lazy crafter I've been - it's four weeks since I  last posted, oh well, I've no excuses really, just haven't had the inclination! (actually I've had severe insomnia which probably hasn't helped but fingers crossed I'm getting over that now).

Anyways, the reason I'm here today is for the new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More.  Our hostess is Fiona who has chosen the theme "A FLORAL PROFUSION" (create something which showcases your handmade flowers).

I've made a wee gift box ....




I made two flowers to adorn the box ....



I used this tutorial for the ribbon flower and the cream felt one was made with the Tim Holtz tattered pine cone die. The felt leaves are TH Garden Greens die.

Our sponsors for this challenge are ...


I'd also like to enter my wee box into the Let's Craft and Create challenge, which is "Punches and Dies".

Hope you're all enjoying the spring weather, it's been a bit of a mixed bag here, still a bit cool for my liking, though hubby and I had a lovely little walk round Castle Fraser last weekend ...

ever get the feeling you're being watched!

think this must've been an old cold store


Sorry for the long post - I guess it's either a feast or a famine!!

Thanks for popping in.

Take care

Suze xx

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, it's a feast to se you again! I thought you were hibernating! Lovely box, and the photos of castle Fraser are beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

lililindsay said...

Hi Suze. I would never have thought to use the pine cone die to make a flower. Right up my street. Used to live in Kemnay so know Castle Fraser well.
Lilian

Meggymay said...

Beautiful gift box Suze. The photos are lovely. Thank you for showing them to us.
Yvonne x

Anonymous said...

That is surely the sweetest wee box ever and the flowers are a lovely touch.
Suze, that is horrible for you suffering from insomnia.
Look after yourself.
Wishes
Lynne

Mandy said...

Such a sweet box Suze, love the flower detail. Thank you for sharing it with us for our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create.

Jenni's Jems said...

Cute box Susan,and glad to hear that your sleeping again must be all that walking! x

G Peplow said...

Hi Suze, Well you came back with a bang :D Gorgeous little box, the flower is so pretty in felt!
Thanks for sharing photos of your trip, looks an amazing place, those eyes are definitely watching LOL :D x

Aileen said...

Cute box, just the right size for a cream egg perhaps? Castle Fraser looks fab. Love the daffies. x

Darnell said...

Good to see you posting, Suze! Your wee box is so pretty and perfect for springtime! Thanks for sharing the photos, too. I would prefer to live in the cold store surrounded by the flowers!! Happy Spring! Hugs, Darnell

Vicky Hayes said...

Your photos caught my eye Suze - Castle Fraser looks beautiful and definitely goes on my 'to visit' list. I love your cute little treat box - perfect for spring. Vicky x