Wednesday 28 March 2012

Three Brothers

It seems ages since I last played along with Gingersnap Creations but with this being their last month, I just had to make the effort to join in.

I've made a little hanging for Granny's Photo Album Challenge.



The cheeky chap in the middle is my grandfather Peter, along with his brothers Adam and George.  Their mother died in June 1909, two weeks before Peter turned 6 and we think this photo may actually have been the day of their mother's funeral. They're certainly dressed in their "Sunday Best". Adam and George both emigrated to Canada but Peter remained in Scotland.

Thanks for paying me a wee visit.

Suze xx

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful especially with the addition of the tartan.
Wishes
Lynne

Victoria said...

I agree with Lynne -love the tartan. I like the name tags too. Lovely to share a piece of family history!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece and a great photo - your Granddad looks so nice in his little kilt! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Fabulous piece! Your young gents are awesome! Thanks for playing the Granny's Photo Album Challenge at Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry once the challenge closes!

Von said...

very nicely presented Suze :) What a cheeky chap in the middle lol
Von x♥x

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous piece of family history Suze. Your grandad looks as though he was full of life as a youngster.
hugs ~brenda~ xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze. They all looked like they were cheeky chappies. I always envy people who have family photographs. Beautiful job on this. It looks fabulous. Love the layout and the tartan backing.
Regards Florence xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful piece Suze. I felt so sad when I read that their mother died just before Peter was 6. I must have been a real blow for them all. Vicky x

Sandra's Spot said...

I love this hanging the fabric is just perfect for the photo. A beatiful memento. Hugs Sandra XXX

G Peplow said...

Fabulous history, a very special hanger this one Suze. I love the tartan behind the little guys, hugs Gay xxx

Neet said...

How unusual, but what great thinking, to use a piece of tartan behind the photos for this delightful wall hanging. Brilliant, really like this Suze.
Hope you do join in with us at Artful Times, would love to see you there.
Now to investigate what you are on about with Gingersnap - are they closing? Hope not.
Hugs, Neet x

Electra said...

What an adorable photo! I like what you've done with it!

Rachelxx said...

Lovely heritage piece Suze :-)