Monday 15 April 2013

Inspired by a Movie

Hello again,  yes, I know, I'm like a bus (no, not the back end of one!) but for the fact that I haven't posted in ages and here I am, with two posts in one day.

I've got a card for the new Less Is More challenge which is inspired by "A FILM".  Easy enough you say but when it's one layer week, it becomes a real challenge. But challenges that make you think are the ones that I like best.

Anyhows after having a few ideas but then realising I didn't have the stamps to match, I did a quick googly search and came across this poster for the film Victor, Victoria


I don't think I've seen this film - but I do have the samps ...


A simple CAS wedding (or anniversary) card.  The moustache stamp was bought in New York (never used!) and the lips one is by Stampin' Up (never used!).  Both images are clear embossed so they're shiny IRL.  The font is Edwardian script.

Thanks very muchly for popping in, got a school meeting tonight but will be round to visit you later.

Take care
Suze xx

17 comments:

chrissie said...

This is a great idea a real take on the picture without all the fuss.

Love Chrissie xx

Aileen said...

Oooh I remember this film. Julia Andrews plays the lead. She pretends to be a man who does a female singing impersonation to get a job. It of course gets all complicated with funny results.

Super interpretation of the film and it makes a great card. x

Victoria said...

Oooo I like it! Quirky! Hope you had a great trip to Paris!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze
Utterly clever idea - I am so impressed with this card and it would make a lovely contemporary Wedding Card.
Fabulous!
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. I received your e-mail and will reply soon .... thank you!

Heather said...

Very clever, your thought process and result is fab-u-lous!

Valerie-Jael said...

Two on one day - wow! Gorgeous card! Hugs, Valerie
PS Chanel never goes off....

Rosemary said...

what a fab card, suze!! love those lip!

laurie said...

What a fun card....great idea!

Vicky Hayes said...

How clever to make a fun wedding card using these images Suze! I never saw the film despite it having my name in it - I seem to remember the critics slated it! Vicky x

Viv said...

Ok - so now you're just getting tooooooooooo clever!! Brill card Suze!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous idea, great card.

Margaret said...

This is brilliant Suze - you knew you bought those stamps for a reason :0)
Margaret x

Darnell said...

You have to win the prize for most unique and creative, Suze!! I slapped my mama when I saw it!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Suze - a fabulous CAS take on the film title. You may not have used these stamps before, but they are absolutely perfect for the theme!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super BRILL as in Brilliant! You GOT my vote, this is fantastic. I love this movie, Julie Andrews is awesome and James Garner, well he is a Maverick Fave of mine!

Have a super crafty day, and your posts have been FAB!

Chrissie said...

Clever stuff!
Great LIM card
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jen Nelson said...

fab card and great film
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"