Wednesday 10 April 2013

Just dropping in to say Hi

Hi folks,

Just a quick post to say we're back from out little Paris trip. It was lovely ... but it was freezing!  Hence, there wasn't much leisurely strolling and taking in the sights - it was brisk walking, and "ooh, that's nice", then "lets find somewhere to warm up and have a coffee"!

View from our apartment
We had a lovely apartment with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.  We were on the top/6th floor and although there was a tiny lift which could just about accommodate one person at a time, we decided to "take the stairs" - all 120 of them!  Needless to say, I've come back from Paris a tad fitter than which I went!

So with this new found energy, I'm in spring cleaning mode.  Yesterday I recovered my dining room chairs (well, admittedly mum did most of the work - she's good at that kind of thing), then I Vaxed/shampooed the dining room carpet and went and bought paint to freshen up the woodwork.

So there won't be much crafting going on over the next few days - I've got to do the clearing out whilst I'm in the mood!






I'll leave you with a couple of pics - how fab was the bedroom wallpaper in our apartment - aren't these the same as the Hampton Art stamps?







and I loved this "lock" bridge at Notre Dame






Well I'll love you and leave you, if I stay at this computer any longer that'll be it - spring cleaning out the window!

See you soon,
Take care
Suze xx


10 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

That wallpaper is so fab!!!! and looking forward to seeing the photos and hearing all about the trip...and trying out those chairs !x

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a good time! That wallpaper is fantastic, wouldn't mind some like that here! Love the locks - they have them on a lot of bridges here, too! Hugs, Valerie
PS Horlicks and choccie were yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze
I might be lying on the sofa but you have transported me to Paris. Oh how I wish I was there.
Then that most amazing wallpaper, any more photos of the apartment?
I am sure you are buzzing with inspiration.
Wishes
Lynne

Aileen said...

Oooh la la fabby photos. Bet your room is looking super too, any pareee chic going on?!! x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great that you've had wonderful days.

chrissie said...

Nice to come back fitter than when you went but sorry that it was so very cold. The room paper is amazing and would make agreat background for crafts. Also the idea of the locks is terrific and inspiring.

Thanks for sharing them

Love Chrissie xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Hi Suze sounds like a wonderful trip I do hope you had cake with your coffee :) love that wallpaper. Hugs Sandra X

Unknown said...

Hi Suze the trip sounds so fab - I love the Fornisetti image so much it must have looked so fab on the wallpaper. You must feel so inspired after that visit. Cx

Darnell said...

Thanks for sharing, Suze! Glad you are home safe and sound and fit and in a spring-cleaning frenzy! You go, girl, then come back and get crafty!

Anonymous said...

Am also spring cleaning and its taking forever , we are a mucky lot here ! gorgeous photo's love the wallpaper and the pockets wow !!! Amazing

Marie