Monday 22 April 2013

Stamped Sentiment Technique

Hi everyone,

Goodness knows what happened to last week, I was so busy with 'kids' stuff that the week flew by in a flash, however I was a good girl this morning and did some H********K so I though I deserved a little 'me' time to join in with the Less is More challenge.

It's a 'CASE' week and Chrissie and Jen have provided us with a choice of two cards to case.  I've gone with Chrissie's card cause I've been dying to have a go at this stamped/raised sentiment technique.  

My card also fits with the Addicted to CAS challenge which is "Flower".

Here's my card ...





I have to say I think it would be easier to do if I'd had individual letter dies.  I ended up placing my letters onto the acetate sheet from my stamp-a-ma-jig, then stamping the (Hero Arts) image on top, then using the acetate sheet to align the stamp onto the card base. (confusing I know!).


I then embossed a circle around the stamp for more interest and added some bling. (Ink is SU Rich Razzleberry).

I think also it might look better with a more solid stamp as my sentiment seems a bit too camouflaged by the 'open' design of the stamp.

Okay, that's me for now, hopefully I'll manage a bit more crafty time this week.

Thanks for popping in,
Take care

Suze xx

20 comments:

chrissie said...

This looks wonderful--I have never seen this tecnique before

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

It's gorgeous, Suze, looks rather complicated, but well worth the time and effort! Good for you! Hugs, Valerie

Darnell said...

Oh, my crafty stars, Suze, this is the quintessential card using this stunning technique! Totally enchanting!!

Glittertastic said...

This is lovely - a great example of this technique

Sharon
x

Chrissie said...

You have got the alignment perfectly Suze... it was worth all that fiddling around!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Your card looks really special and you've mastered the technique brilliantly. x

Von said...

A beautifully made card Suze :)
Von ♥

lililindsay said...

I love it Suze. So neat. The embossed corcle is inspired.!! ( will try to visit more frequently.

Lilian

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Suze - I've been playing with this technique as well but think all my alpha dies are too small - hmmmm! Just love how you've embossed the circle round the flowers. Thanks so much for joining the fun at A2CAS.

Karen x

Loll said...

Hi Suze. Really pretty ... and a great technique. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Loll :)

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely fabulous, suze!!

Ji Hye said...

This is a great card! The stamp isn't to open because it looks wonderful. I love it!

Anonymous said...

How clever are you!! Gorgeous card Suze. Hope all is well. With my other hat on, Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge this week.
Hugs, Florence x

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow Suze - this is a great take on Chrissie's card and a really special card for a mum. Vicky x

PS I found that by cutting out all the letters and attaching them to my stamping surface with temp glue, I only had to stamp once on the background and once on the letters. Hope this helps/makes sense!

Sue - said...

A fantastic card - very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Suze
This is amazingly clever!
WOW - the impact is fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow I love this, it is simply stunning!!!! my effort was definitly the easy option but think yours would look even better with the letters JEN or PAL in the middle hint hint hee he x

Jenny said...

Wowsers!!! this is just mind-blowingly fantastic Suze, perfect in every way :0)
Jenny x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A great take on Chrissie's card Suze - lining up the flowers on the letters with the flowers in the background must have been a challenge in itself! Absolutely fabulous!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Viv said...

Fab card and stamping Suzy :) Viv xx