Monday 25 July 2011

Steampunk Type Tag

At Just for Fun this week, the challenge is to use metal. Well, it just so happened that the day before the challenge was posted I had ordered some foil sheets to play with (so I hope this counts as metal?!).

I've made a tag and it's way out of my comfort zone - my first attempt at Steampunk (I won an Octopode stamp from the lovely Sarah at La-De-Dah) and I also bought myself some alcohol inks to play with too. Here's the result .....


Stamped 'Steampunk Rupert' in StazeOn then coloured him with Promarkers.
Splodged some alcohol ink onto the foil and embossed another small piece of foil.
Added some red sequin waste and wrapped the tag in thin wire (which came out of wired ribbon).

He's a bit of fun and I quite like him.
Edit: My "lovely" daughter says "this is really bad!" and I should remove the post.  I'll remember that when we next go shopping!


Further edit - at the suggestion of my "lovely" daughter, I've trimmed the sequin waste. Have to admit, she's probably right! 





Thanks for visiting and have fun!

Suze xx

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag, and something really different! Hugs, Valerie

Wiccababe said...

had to laugh at the edits Suze lol
looks great to me, either way
Debz
x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Oh Suze this is fantastic ! I do however disagree with your daughter I quite like the sequin waste on the first one. It's a marvelous piece and think it works really well, was a bit out of my comfort zone myself lol

Marie

Von said...

Well done for coming out of your comfort zone with such a fun tag :) you have been very imaginative with the foils :)
Thank you for sharing with us at just for fun
Von x

cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,well done for coming out of your comfort zone I think that sequin,waste is just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

Zoechaos said...

Way to go Suze with this great tag! Love the background and your embossed metal strip as well as the sequin waste I'm with Marie on that like it over the edge but if you had not shown as would love the final result because it is fab and fun! Thank you for steping out of your comfort zone and sharing with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Vicky said...

I love this Suze - it's brilliant. I've never had a go at Steampunk, always nice to try something new. I think I prefer the trimmed version, but I'm a straight lines kinda girl lol!
:)x

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow this is quite something! I loved your edits too - I think your LD is quite wrong when she thought you should remove the post but I love her idea of trimming the sequin waste!

Sandra's Spot said...

Oh I do like this piece (my fav the first one, but the other really works) would never have guessed you were "out of your comfort zone" Hugs Sandra XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Suze. Totally fab! Really creative. Lovely ideas.
Regards Florence x

G Peplow said...

Hi Suze, Isn't it great to be out of your comfort zone, you really learn what it is that you like making:0) I love this piece with or without the trimming both are great, have fun, Gay xxx

Aileen said...

Have to agree with Emz, your tag is super with the waste trimmed. Aint it annoying when they're right. x